HOW IT WORKS........
Wherever possible I will come to you to take the moulds of your baby's feet / hands or you can come to me at my home in Thame. If you live more than 10 miles outside of Thame please enquire as I may have to make a charge for additional travel time required. I will book a mutually convenient appointment time with you. This should be at a suitable time of day for your baby when they are well fed, happy and rested. I can take the moulds while they are sleeping but this is not necessary as they do not have to stay completely still for the process to work. Socks or tight trousers should be removed at least and hour before the appointment so there are no visible impression marks on the skin when I take the casts as this will show up on the final plaster feet.
The Casting Session.
- The session will take around 40 mins to an hour including looking at the framing options.
- I will bring samples with me to help you decide on paint colours , frame and mount options.
- Taking the moulds of your baby's feet or hands is a very quick process it takes minutes for the material to harden. The material used is called Alginate and is what dentists use to make mouth and teeth impressions so it is completely safe for contact with your babies skin.
- Younger babies can be held by you, on your lap or in your arms, I have found that for older babies it works well if they are sat in their highchair.
- After the material hardens I gently remove the foot or hand from the mould and check we have a good impression, then the skin can be gently brushed clean.
- The total cost of the feet will be due at the casting session, I accept, cash, cheque, bank transfer and most credit and debit cards.
- I then take the moulds home and create your beautiful framed keepsake, this can usually be done within 4 to 6 weeks. If you need them sooner please let me know and I will endeavor to meet any deadline you may have.
- Once complete the casts can be collected from me or if you are local to Thame I may be able to deliver.